9.9.09

paint a vulgar picture

Your favorite singer of all time, (Morrissey), is releasing a b-sides album but you already have all of the songs because when you were fourteen you re-bought the reissue of You Are The Quarry for those b-sides, downloaded others, and had a boyfriend when you were seventeen surprise with the b-sides to Ringlead of the Tormentors on vinyl. Call me fucking nuts but I love my Morrissey and am only a little excited about this release. The sad thing is I have all these damn songs but fuck it, I'm gonna go out and buy this anyways. I am also going to go and buy every single Smiths reissue on vinyl from my local record store. Why? It makes me feel good, like chocolate or shoes. I don't understand it, I already have those songs in my posession. Maybe this makes me pretentious, I hope not. Though, the fact he is doing this with his record company now seems highly hypocritical compared to the Morrissey I loved from the Smiths era. I am barely nineteen and I am so frantic and in love with Morrissey, there will never been any difference from before puberty and now. I still feel more or less the same.

And I won't even go into Modest Mouse's EP considering most of those b-sides are more or less old, or at least I have them. I am pathetic human being without a life. I miss you. This is why I am single, too much useless, intimidating knowledge. This isn't charming, it's quite discomforting and disarming..

I miss New York terribly whenever I see pictures of it, or see it on television. I want to walk all those streets again soo bad. It's been a little over two years and this is the longest we've been apart. I want a real autumn, I miss walking to school with the orange sky and the skeleton trees and watch all the cars, buses and people pass me by, I want to disappear as a little dot in that place. I miss the trash, the glamour, the crazy people, the rich snooty people and drinking 40s in the train station looking for Tags on the subway and up high on buildings like stars in the sky. I want the streetlights to guide me home and hear all the music from all parts of the world flow out into the streets and all the aromas from the Greeks, Chinese, Spanish and Hindus. I want a good cup of coffee for a dollar from the Muslims and I want a bagel with cream cheese perfect with my Arizona iced tea. I want to meet all that boy in the park again and make out with him there all day, kind of. I want to take the bus to main street with John and find the Main St. Pimp. Man, so much to answer for, Queens. I need to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment