7.9.09

And in the streets you run afree,
Like it's only you and me,
Geeze, you're something to see.

[Both:]
Ahh Home. Let me go home.
Home is wherever I'm with you.
Ahh Home. Let me go ho-oh-ome.
Home is wherever I'm with you.

La, la, la, la, take me home.
Daddy, I'm coming home.



I sang this song to myself in the streets, running barefoot in the rain from a drunk driving friend's dead car in Carolina Beach drunk myself, praying no cops would arrest me. I ran straight to your house and into your arms and you locked us in and turned off the lights and we hid in your room. I still love you so much and these past two weeks have been horribly strange and painful but either things tied together last night, this morning and today or this might have made it worse but I don't know. I just loved the past two days, I drank in the park and went record shopping and ate sandwiches with one of my best friend's. We got lunch with your father and went record shopping again and I bought a shitton of records and the dudes at the shop were in love with me and you just smiled the entire time. We were affectionate and free like little kids in Best Buy singing "Let's Get it On" and playing Batman and running around scaring each other, just like the old times. You seem to appreciate my spirit much more when you're in shambled states, but this time you have me to fall back on, if you give me the time. I love you I love you, I miss you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment